If you want to get more traffic to your client’s websites and more than their competitors, you need to make sure you’re using SEO tools and software to boost your rankings in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and all other search engines. There are a lot of different software programs out there that can help you with this overall process in outranking the competition. However, there is one VERY BIG caveat in your search for SEO software-related tools. Almost all of the SEO software out there is actually for keyword research, domain research, search results analysis, competitor analysis, and search result metrics analysis like rank tracking. Competitor analysis is the process of analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors in order to improve your own business.
All of the SEO software tools that perform the aforementioned functions are SEO research software, NOT SEO software that actually moves the needle in your rankings, (ie. increasing a website’s and Google listing’s visibility in search rankings) with use.
What is SEO software?
SEO software has 2 major categories that are classified as an SEO tool:
- SEO research and analysis software platforms
- SEO ranking software platforms
A subset of these types of software would also be white label software and/or white label SEO software. The white label marketing software niche typically serves the marketing/agency world with unique software solutions that are unbranded or invisible to the end user, in some cases even branded to the agency.
So, the question that we need to start with is…
What type of SEO software are you looking for?
- SEO research and analysis software, or
- SEO ranking software.
And does it need to be white label software or not?
What is SEO Ranking Software?
SEO ranking software is a tool or platform that can be used to improve your website’s ranking performance in search engine results pages (SERPs). It could be used to optimize a website’s content, structure, and code, as well as to create backlinks or backlink signals as they might be referred to. Any type of software that can generate “ranking signals” can be classified as SEO ranking software however the efficacy of how much these types of SEO software solutions actually move the needle is what really matters if falling under this category and question.
For example, social posting software tools can be classified under this category as SEO ranking software but social posting as a general rule has very little effect on actual rankings or in quantifiably moving the needle just by posting alone. Certainly, using social posting software can be helpful in the tech stack and so this is certainly one SEO tool to include.
- SEO research and analysis software: There are a lot of different SEO research and analysis software solutions out there that claim to be the best, but it can be hard to know which ones are actually worth investing in as there are a lot of choices in this category; features and pricing will vary widely as well. Do they offer a trial account? Do they have testimonials from other agency-level users? Do they serve both agencies and direct to business or individual users? These are all good questions to have in your SEO software search. Here are a few of the best SEO software programs that are sure to help you improve your research and analysis:
- SEO ranking software: This is a category that has much fewer overall players as this category requires some quantifiable or measurable result in the SERPS from using the software and then you have the important question stated above which is, “how effective is it?” Here are a few of the best SEO software solutions that are sure to help you improve your efforts in moving the needle by generating links or other ranking signals/factors but keep in mind, not all of these will move your rankings to page one without other software, tactics, and strategies:
- Signal Genesys – a custom SEO software platform we built to generate a holistic set of ranking signals using press releases and a quality network of real news, media, and radio station sites across the US for amplification and syndication of the content. With our proprietary app channel integrations into Google, Twitter, and Reddit APIs, we generate authoritative ranking signals in all major categories with each PR you syndicate through the Signal Genesys platform.
- Heropost.io – this is a great low-cost social media management solution. Once connected to various social accounts you can generate social signals with this software but keep in mind that social signals have the least influence on rankings so you must have a solution in place to generate GMB, link, and on-page signals along with new reviews.
- Vendasta.com – offers a white label platform that provides core software products like a white label version of Yext, connections to the listing data aggregators, reputation and review software, and social media management and posting software. Together this small core of software products can help agencies generate signals in some of the key categories needed. We have found through the use of the platform that it does a great job but the social, review and listing signals you can generate with Vendasta are not enough to move rankings to page one.
- IFTTT.com (Stands for “If this, then that”) – this is an automation platform that allows you to build a syndication network and connect the blog and content marketing accounts together in a “recipe” that automates the posting of content from a source to the connected accounts in a workflow or recipe.
What are the benefits of using SEO software?
There are many benefits of using SEO software like being completely prepared in your research, analytics, analysis, and reporting as well as helping improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO software can help you automatically generate links to your website and other digital assets, as well as generate other ranking signals and factors such as on-page signals, GMB signals, review signals, social signals, and citation signals. In short, SEO software can be used to help with keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and the desired outcome of ranking client GMB listings and websites on page one of the SERPS.
What are some of the basic SEO software facts?
- SEO software is a tool that can be used to improve the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- SEO software can be used to help with keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and other SEO tasks.
- There are many different types of SEO software, and they vary in features and price.
- Some popular SEO software tools include Ahrefs, Signal Genesys, Moz, and SEMrush.
- SEO software can be used by both in-house SEOs and agencies.
- SEO software is constantly evolving, and new features are being added all the time.
- SEO software is an important part of any SEO strategy.
What are some basic SEO software statistics?
- SEO software is used by 79% of businesses with an online presence.
- 92% of marketers say SEO is effective for their business.
- SEO generates 3x more leads than traditional marketing.
- SEO has a higher close rate than any other marketing channel.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- 50% of searchers choose a business that appears on the first page of results (I think this is low by the way).
- Up to 30% of organic clicks go to the first result on Google.
- Businesses that blog or produce content regularly/monthly receive 97% more links to their website (without any amplification or signal generation by ranking software).
How much does SEO software cost?
This is always a frequently asked question. The short answer is it varies widely depending on a number of factors, features, plans, options, and the category the SEO software falls under along with use, the number of clients, and so on. Expect $100-1500 per month as a wide range estimate and this is per tool or platform. An agency typically needs at least one research tool, one reporting tool, and one SEO tool to move the needle, at a minimum.
What are some common misconceptions about SEO software?
- There must be a magic bullet! — In reality, there is no tool or platform that will conquer or cover all of the needs in one place. It’s just not feasible, dare I say possible. It is also unrealistic to think that any one software tool or platform will do it all. Keep your expectations realistic and know what you are looking for when it comes to the different types of SEO software available.
- There’s a perfect SEO software platform out there called ________. — In reality, there is no such thing as perfect anything, especially software. The features are many, as are the needs, and it’s doubtful anyone will ever find the perfect platform out there but the ones mentioned previously are very, very good and I have personally tested and used all of these. Customer service and customer experience are important which for software means the support department mainly. There is no perfect support department and it’s very challenging for most software companies to scale this department as fast as subscriber demand might be if they have a great too.
How do you use SEO Software to rank client GMB listings and websites?
If you are looking for some deeper insights and training on SEO and how you can use SEO software like Signal Genesys to help you rank GMB/GBP listings and websites, check out this training session that co-founder, Lane Houk, and Josh Nelson, founder of the Seven Figure Agency, hosted together. Lane covers topics like Google E-A-T, Authorship, YMYL, and more in this 80-minute session with other agency owners.
About Signal Genesys
Signal Genesys is a proprietary Web Presence Platform and Online Signal Generation Engine™ developed exclusively for Digital Marketing Agencies and their clients. Signal Genesys provides our agency partners with the ability to publish client content to a high-quality network of major TV, Radio, and Newspaper authorities throughout the USA. As part of our SEO software suite of features, we have a direct Google Maps API integration for Google Map displays of your client’s business listing (GMB signals), a proprietary media room app for one-click publishing and optimization of content on your client’s websites along with other features inside our proprietary “app channels” with Twitter, Reddit and Google. We have proven results, case studies, and testimonials from other agency partners. Contact us on our site if you are an agency looking for access to Signal Genesys.